Thursday, October 06, 2005

So Easy To Live...

... another boring day in front of my T.V set. There is this movie on, showing a perfect romantic life of teenagers & goes on until they die leaving their grand-children in grief. So touching my brain thinks. Tears burn in my eyes...

Surfing the music channels I get fed up with all these songs talking about true love, revenge, regrets & more love...

Oops wrong channel, a fully illustrated couples bed-time activity guide...

Then on this news channel there is this exclusive, on how to live a happy life being backed up by some mysterious callers thanking them for their advice. Can't help to think all these callers are fake or stupid to call this stupid show.

Damn; life must be so easy with all these nice people showing me the right pathways of life!

Want an easy life? Buy a T.V set my brain suggests automatically!

I just don't get it, how is it that their lives are improving giving these silly advices but my life just goes down employing them???

6 comments:

ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

The sun always seems to shine on TV, doesn't it?
Everything comes together as it should and no matter how big the problem, there is always a solution.
Now if only the same would apply to reality.

LiVEwiRe said...

Their lives are improving because they don't care about the interpretation at the other end. They just care about ratings and product sales - so they sell hope. It's false hope, but in times like these, even that has it's appeal.

Dr O2 said...

Chitty - There seems to be no connection between T.V & real life but they somewhat control the public day in day out. Telling us what to do...

livewire - yeah they just don care. They do give some advice they create over night, collect the money & sleep well to come up with some nightmarous advice for the next day not caring what's in store for the viewers...

AcctEditor said...

More than selling hope, I think they sell distraction from one's reality. For me, tv is more like a break entering someone's imagination. I like to be amazed on what people can create.

David said...

Hey, that bed-time activity guide sounds like the right channel to me! :)

A little while ago, I watched Larry King with a reunion of the cast of "Rosanne". Now, that was really entertaining! I really love that show. The actors who played the mother, father, and the three kids were all there and they couldn't stop laughing. I could tell that they really cared about each other and still had a great rapore.

I don't spend much time watching advice shows on TV. I think people like Dr. Phil are mostly full of crap!

Dr O2 said...

Larry King is entertaining. I confess being a regular of that show. It is no-advice show but it reveals some nice stories.

Advice shows kill. Analysis kill as well. Trying to tie us to the ground these people...